Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mini Cheesecakes


A friend of mine turns 40 this week (Happy Birthday, Leslie!) and I got a request for mini cheesecakes to bring to pool league tonight. I thought they turned out kind of cute! Of course, I had to try one for quality control, ahem. Yeah, they pass.

This recipe is super easy, especially if you forget the graham cracker crumbs and use a Nilla Wafer in the bottom of each cup instead. I opted for the higher degree of difficulty (only because going to the store with the munchkins would have been a wash in level of difficulty)

Mini Cheesecakes

Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter, melted
dash of cinnamon
Mix all together and push down 1 T. crumb mixture into each muffin cup with the back of a spoon.

Filling:
2 blocks cream cheese (ROOM TEMP - important!)
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon zest

Set oven to 350. Mix the cream cheese in a Kitchen Aid or with a hand beater until creamy and fluffy. Add rest of ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour a heaping spoonful into each cup. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve chilled.

For the chocolate decoration, I melted chocolate chips and used a ziplock with the tip cut off to squeeze out and make the design.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And they were oh so delicious! You could really taste the cinnamon in the crust. Thanks for sending some home for me! :-)

Cherie said...

I made these for my hubby`s birthday! We made it a cheese cake bar and I put out various toppings

so good!