Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mashed Potato Latkes

I'm breaking it off. My long intense affair with creamy white potatoes is over. Don't call, don't write...I don't ever want to hear from you again. You make me feel so guilty, especially after one of our torrid rendezvous....I'm even giving up our exciting threesomes with your friend, Mr. Red Meat. I've had it! Okay, well one more time this morning and I will rid myself of you forever. Here is the photo of our very last encounter. I will always remember you fondly.....but don't come calling, not even in your clever french fry disguise.


Mashed Potato Latkes

2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
2 Tbsp. minced onion
1 egg
1/4 cup flour
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
Splash of milk
Mix all ingredients, adding enough milk to make it the consistency of thick pancake batter. Cook on medium high heat in thin layer of oil or butter , flipping once like a pancake. Serve with condiments of your choice: butter, sour cream, applesauce.

No comments: