Wednesday, March 12, 2008

White Bean Dip


What to do, what to do? Had some toast for breakfast, so I really need to stay away from any more bread for the day. I'm also out of lettuce and threre are no leftovers lingering in the fridge...gasp!

Here is what I came up with. It was a nice lunch, but I ended up sneaking a piece of bread and dipping it in there anyways.....arrgh! I also think it would make a great appetizer with veggies. It would even be good with chips as an alternative to the refried bean dip at your next Mexican dinner. Next time I might add a dash of cumin too.


WHITE BEAN DIP

2 cans cannelini beans
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 jalepeno, chopped
juice of one small lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all in a blender. Add a little water if its too thick.

No comments: