Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Got this idea from another blog (gosh, now I can't remember which one) and tried it to the best of my memory. These are chicken thighs with bone in, because they were on sale, but I would rather use boneless. Anyways, I did 2 thighs each in a foil packet on top of some onions, peppers and carrots, but ended up leaving the chicken in the oven for so long to get the bacon crispy that the veggies turned to mush. So I ditched the veggie sludge and served them on lightly steamed spinach.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs

8 chicken thighs
pepper
dijon
rosemary (not much)
8 pieces of bacon

Season chicken with pepper and spread a tiny amount of dijon on each. Sprinkle with a little rosemary and wrap each one with a piece of bacon. Cook in foil packets or in a baking dish. If you use the foil, be sure to open it up during the last 20 minutes of cooking. I baked in a 400 oven for an hour, but you could probably cut that back to about 40 min. (yes, I am squirmish about getting my chicken totally cooked, hah!) Serve over yummy wilted spinach if you want to be like me. C'mon, you know you do! Serves 4.

No comments: