Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Cheri - a - Moya (tribute to Stevie Wonder)

Okay, just a few more pics I took while on vacation -

The green armored fruit is called a Cherimoya. It's a creamy tropical fruit that tastes like a combination of a mango, pineapple and strawberry. Apparently the weather here is perfect for growing it. I'm leaving tomorrow and taking it with me, so check back to see what it looks like on the inside. It needs to ripen like an avocado....gives a little, but not mushy.

Dessert last night was strawberry shortcake. mmmmmmmmmmm! I have to give my dad props for making it look pretty...he was enthusiastic about my blog, and wanted to make cupcake size shortcakes because he thought it would look better in a picture....so thoughtful!

Thanks, mom and dad, for having us. We had a great time! See you in May.
Love, Deanna and Kids


No comments: